Saturday, August 28, 2010

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2010 - STOP TAKING IT SO SERIOUS?

Never, never have I seen grown men sit around a table so serious, excited, gitty in my life. I can imagine this is how Bernie Madoff felt every morning when he opened up his bank account information for the last 15 years(bastard). So where was I? My first fantasy draft of the 2010 season. You see I am in three of these leagues, a little much but screw it because my expectation is to win all of these leagues and get paid! One thing I learned last night though, is that I'm not terribly crazy! All of the guys in my league are just as serious as me! It may be fantasy, but to the 12 men in that back yard last night, it was reality. We may not be busting our ass to make that tackle or throwing that touchdown pass, but we are emotionally invested in every game, every Sunday. We may not make a difference but most important is that we feel we do. So this year I will not stop taking the "game" serious because quite frankly I do make a difference! How? The friendships we make, the crap we talk, the pride we carrier, the competitiveness we get out of our system. You can't find that anywhere else. NUFF SAID.... Written by Andrew, posted by Jeff under Jeff's screen name. We'll get the multiple authors thing figured out, eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment